Looking for a healthy and easy to make super salad? Try this sweet potato, apple, kale (or your favorite leafy greens), bowl. Its delicious!
- 1 each medium sweet potato
- 1 red delicious or granny smith apple (your preference)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of kale (or spinach, or use some of each)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of basil pesto
- Optional: 1/3 cup walnuts
- Optional: 1/4 cup feta or blue cheese (use sparingly)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash sweet potato and cut into small chunks or thin slices and place baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Salt and pepper and then bake until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
While sweet potatoes are baking, wash the apple and slice into thin pieces; place on cutting board or small bowl. Add cooled sweet potatoes, apples, and greens into bowl and drizzle with basil pesto. If desired top with 1/3 cup of walnuts and 1/4 cup of feta or blue cheese.